Dr. R.K. Sharma
I/c Dean, College of Veterinary Sc.& Animal Husbandry, JabalpurNDVSU
Head Office Address:
South Civil Lines, Jabalpur
Madhya Pradesh -482001 (India)
The College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Jabalpur was inaugurated on July 8, 1948 as Central Provinces and Berar Veterinary College by Shri Jairamdas Daulatram, the Agriculture Minister, Govt. of India. This is the oldest constituent college (Estt. 1948) of the Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur (Estt. 1964), over the last more than five decades of its existence, has been able to make an impeccable impact on the overall development of livestock production and management through its impressive teaching, research and extension activities in basic and applied fields. Consequent to the establishment of Madhya Pradesh Pashu Chikitsha Vigyan Viswavidyalaya (renamed as Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University) the college became a constitution institution of the new Viswa Vidyalaya with effect from 3-11-2009.
1. To impart under graduate and post graduate education for producing competent veterinarians
2. To conduct basic and applied research on various aspects of livestock health, production and livestock products technology
3. To carry out veterinary and animal husbandry extension activities through farm advisory services, health care services, organizing animal welfare camps, livestock shows etc.
4. To provide expert advice on the matters of animal health and production including diagnostic services
1. To promote need based and region specific research, human resource development and appropriate technology generation for improving the rural livelihood
2. To impart education in different branches of veterinary science
3. To provide for the advancement of learning and prosecution of research in veterinary sciences
4. To undertake the extension of veterinary sciences to the rural people in co-operation with the animal husbandry department
Govt. of Madhya Pradesh
1. Undergraduate and Postgraduate education
2. Domestic and pet animal health and disease management
3. Development of quick and precise methodologies including kits for diagnosis of animal diseases
4. Monitoring and surveillance of drugs, pesticides, mycotoxins and microbial residues in livestock and livestock products
5. Farming systems based research and extension activities for livestock-buffalo, cattle, goat, sheep and pigs
6. Development and transfer of the technology in all areas of animal sciences
1. Administrative Block / Dean Office
2. Main Veterinary College Building Complex
3. Clinical diagnostic laboratory
4. Small and Large animal Hospital/Clinic
5. Six Lecture Halls with LCD facility
6. Examination Hall
8. R & V NCC Sqn.
9. Post Mortem Hall
10. Livestock Farm
11. Poultry Farm
12. Hostels for boys and girls
13. Medical facilities
Pet Grooming Parlour
Sports and cultural activities
Inter collegiate sport meet:
The 2nd Inter-collegiate sports meet was held from 10-12 March, 2016 at Co.V.Sc. & A.H., Rewa. The Co.V.Sc. and A.H., Jabalpur and Mhow as well as college of Fishery Science, Jabalpur, participated in the event. About 150 participants took part in different sports activities. Smt. Mamta Sharma, Mayor Rewa was the chief guest of the inaugural function. Shri Rajendra Shukla (minister of Energy, Mining and Public Relations) was the chief guest and Vice-chancellor, NDVSU, Jabalpur, Dr. P.D. Juyal, presided over the function of the closing ceremony. The function also evidenced the cordial presence of Dean Faculty, NDVSU Dr. S.N.S. Parmar and Dean, Co.V.Sc. & A.H. Jabalpur, Dr. R.P.S.Baghel. The team of the Co.V.Sc. & A.H., Jabalpur won the champions trophy and Co.V.Sc. & A.H., Rewa ended up as runner up team.
Intercollegiate cultural meet:
The intercollegiate cultural meet was held at Co.V.Sc. & A.H., Mhow from 5-6 March, 2016. The students of the colleges displayed their various artistic skills in the events and various traditional folk songs of the State. In the meet, Co.V.Sc. & A.H., Jabalpur achieved first position followed by Mhow and Rewa Colleges as second and third position, respectively.
Intercollegiate cultural meet at Mhow
NCC / NSS activities
This prestigeous unit 1 MP R & V SQN, NCC Jabalpur came into exixtence in the year 1966 under the august leadership of Capt. V. B. Sali. Since then from last 60 years this unit has brought many laurels to the college. Apart from Equestrian activities, the unit also imparts basic military training to the budding veterinarians. The Unit is the winner of Director General Remount Veterinary Services Trophy (DGRVS) tropy in the year 2011. Till date the unit has produced 50 officers in Armed forces as well as in various administrative services.
Best Rider Trophy: Senior Under Officer Rahul Thapar, from R&VSQ, Jabalpur, bagged 02 Gold medals and the Best Rider Trophy at equestrian Championship, Republic Day Camp, New Delhi, 2016.
Rahul Thapar win 02 Gold medals and the Best Rider Trophy at equestrian Championship
Defense Secretary Commendation Award: Senior Under Officer Tashina Roy Choudhary received prestigious Defense Secretary Commendation Award of Rs 10,000/ for the year 2016.
Bronze medal in show jumping: Cadet Ayushi Singh 4th year went to RDC 2016 and won Bronze medal in show jumping.
Excellence and achievements
NDVSU Best Teacher Award: As per the guidelines of ICAR, the NDVSU best teacher award for the year 2014-15 was conferred to Dr. Devendra Kumar Gupta, Assistant Professor, Deptt. of Vety. Medicine, College of Vety. Sci. & A.H., Jabalpur. The award consisted of a citation and a cash prize of Rs 10,000. It was given by the by the Hon,ble Vice Chancellor, NDVSU, Jabalpur.
Dr. D.K.Gupta receiving best teacher award
Best article award: Dr.Vivek Agrawal was awarded for best article “Studies on the efficacy of some anti-coccidial drugs in broiler chicks against isolates of Eimeria tenella” by IAAVP, organized at Madras Vety. College, Chennai, Feb. 2016.
Best Paper Presentation Award: Dr. Payal Jain received award in XIV Annual Conference of IAWV held at Krantisingh Nana Patil College of Vety. Sci., Shirwal during 8th -10th October, 2015
Best Reviewer Award: Dr. N.K. Bajaj received “Best Reviewer Award 2015” from Journal of Animal Research on 31/12/2015.
ISSAR-2015 Fellowship: Dr.Sudarshan Kumar, Professor, Deptt. of VGO, received ISSAR-2015 fellowship on 3rd Dec, 2015.
Dr. Ranbir Singh Jatav, received an award of Honorary Fellowship by Society of Life Sciences. He was also nominated as Member, Board of Editors for ‘Life Science Bulletin and ‘National Journal of Life Sciences.
Alok Kumar Yadav, S.S. Tomar, Amit Kumar and M.S. Thakur collectively conferred the second best paper award-2015 for article entitled “Polymorphism of Caprine Lymphocyte Antigen-DRB3 gene by PCR-RFLP in Goats” in the National Seminar at RAJUVAS, Bikaner, on 7-8 October, 2015.
M.P.Young Scientist Award: Dr. Shruti Gour, M.V.Sc. student of Deptt. of Vety. & A. H. Ext., Co.V.Sc. & A.H., Jabalpur received M.P. Council of Sci. and Tech., Young Scientist Award at Bhopal under Vety. Sci. category on 29-02-2016.
Dr. Shruti Gour receiving Award at Bhopal