The College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Jabalpur was started on October 2012 as per the gazette of Madhya Pradesh Government. This college is previously working as a department of Fisheries at Faculty of Veterinary Science, JNKVV, Jabalpur (Estt. 1964). The department of fisheries is look over the than five decades of its existence of Aquatic body name as Adhartal Tank which was developed by the Senapati of Gondwana State Shri Diwan Adhar Singh. The aquatic body has been able to make an overall development of fish production and management through its impressive teaching, research and extension activities in basic and applied fields. Consequent to the establishment of Madhya Pradesh Pashu Chikitsha Vigyan Viswavidyalaya (renamed as Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University) the college became a constitution institution of the new Viswa Vidyalaya with effect from 04.10.2012.
- Human Resource Development in Fisheries.
- Basic, applied and adaptive research on emerging problems in fisheries.
- Transfer of technology to fish farmers, entrepreneurs and industry. To develop college as center for demonstrations and training to unemployed youth, tribal and fish farmers especially on composite fish culture, integrated fish farming Azolla- culture, fish breeding techniques, fresh water prawn culture etc.
- To impart them the latest technology of composite fish culture to increase fish production from an average of 700 kg/ha to 4000 kg/ha.
- Human Resource Development
- Fish production and productivity enhancement.
- Development of fishery through lab to land programme.
- Imparting education in the field of fisheries to generate technical graduates.
- To exploits the maximum areas of fisheries through Research and Development activity.
- To impart latest technology (Lab to land programme) to fish farmers though extension activities to increase fish production of the state and up-liftmen to socioeconomic status of fisherman.