The Directorate of farms was established with the established of Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University, Jabalpur in November, 2009. The purpose of this directorate is to utilize farm resources effectively and efficiently and help to teaching, resources and extension activities in a coordinated and collaborative way.
The livestock farms are treated as laboratory to the scientists and students. It also facilitates research inputs like cattle, buffalo, goat, poultry birds, pig, fish, feed, mineral mixture, green fodder, etc. to graduate and post graduate students, ongoing research projects etc to all departments of this university. It also provides advisory services and training to the farmers, youths, assistant veterinary filed officers, NGO’s etc. regarding advanced production technologies, developed varieties of livestock and poultry birds. University develops several infrastructure, procured and managed various farm implements towards modernization of livestock and poultry farms. The poultry farm has developed two popular varieties of poultry birds namely Krishna-J and Narmadanidhi, which were recognized nationally popular for rural poultry production.
- To be responsible for and exercise overall control of the planning, development and management of livestock, fisheries, poultry and piggery farms belonging to the university.
- To cooperate with the Director of Research Services, Dean Faculty on all matters connected with the planning, development, support to research activities of PG and PhD students, projects. .
- Supervision of farms with respect to proper maintenance and continuous production.
- Facilitate practical of undergraduate, post graduate, Ph.D. and veterinary polytechnic students.
- Facilitate internship trainings to the students in all aspects of animal rearing, overall farm practices of livestock, poultry, hatchery management and fish production
- o help the Directorate of Extension Education for translation of technology to the farmers/ end users.
- To maintain, improve and multiply the new breeds/ varieties, improved hybrids evolved or introduced..
- Sale farm produce to the faculty, staffs and students in reasonable price.
- Establishment of integrated farming system consists of dairy, poultry, goat, fishery, horticulture etc.
- Organic farming, bio-fertilizer (vermicompost etc.) production etc. by adopting modern technology for better utilization of animal farm waste.
- For assured and increased production modern facilities will be developed as per need of the farm.
Name: Dr. G. P. Lakhani
I/c Director Farm
Office to the Directorate of farms, Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University
Ahdartal, Jabalpur Madhya Pradesh - 482004 (India)
Fax : 0761-2681079